FIRST DAYS OF AMERICAN SCHOOL!!

Monste M.

It's been already 2 months since I'm in the U.S. and it's been a more than a month since I started the school. 

And I'm not gonna lie, it was scary but exciting. 

I remember the night before the first day of school,  I was choosing my outfit, thinking how I was going to style my hair and then all of a sudden it hit me that I was about to start a school IN AMERICA! How exciting is that right? Specially when you're an excahnge student and american highschool has been a dream since you were little watching Disney movies. So I went to bed, and the next day the adventure began.

I woke up, I had breakfast and then we made our way to school, me and my host sister. I went to all my classes and met all my teachers. And when the day finished, I came back to my house and I realized that it was everything I dreamed about. The lockers just like in the movies, the classes decorated as the teachers want to and what is even better, the school cafeteria, exactly like how I imagined it. But at the same time, it was overwhelming and tiring. Speaking all day another language, starting in a new school with new people and new teachers. And even though it was not easy, I woke up the next day, with a big smile and I went to school, and after that, I went to my first football game.

I will always remember the first football game of the season. Thanks to marching band, I've been able to go to every single game. And also I've been able to experience the marching part, which we don't do in my home country. But back to my first football game, It was a new experience that I loved. The emotion and passion in the game, I will always remember how close I felt the band was and how much they were enjoying the game. And then I got to the running the show part, I got to do the actual marching, and I think I've never felt that nervous playing my instrument. Running the show for the first time was difficult, it was a complete new thing to me, but the happiness that I felt when it finished and realized I didn't messed up that much it was huge. 

After that first week, the days seemed to pass faster as I got used to the language, the time and the classes. Football Fridays started to be my favorite, and they still are, I started to get in clubs, like Key Club and, as every day passed, here I am a month later, writing this post.

So all summarized, it was a crazy and incredible experience to start school and adapting to it was even better.