To Be a Part of a Team

Frida Bossen V.

Two months has gone by now, and it has been two really good months. I'm getting used to the school, which is very different from my school back in Denmark, but it's all good. I have met a lot, as in a LOT, of new people, and I still do every day. Everything is good with my hostfamily, and I feel like I have been in the family for years. With that said, not everything is perfect, and it doesn't have to be, for having a fantastic year. To what I actually wanted to write about, my sport: Yes, I have started a new life here, and many things is different from my home country, but it's still important for me to exercise and do a type of sport. For that reason, I'm on the Cross Country team. For those of you, that don't know what it is; it's simply running. You don't only get exercise, you also get a team to be a part of and good friends. Ofcourse Cross Country isn't the only sport, or even the only thing you could do to associate with others and to be a part of a team. I know every school have several sports you can do, and clubs too. Maybe not every school has the same thing, or the same amount, it depends, so I won't say for sure what there is to do, but just to do something is a good idea I think. In regular classes you often don't get much or any time to talk with your classmates, but in sports and clubs you get more time to talk with your teammates, and club.

As I said; I do Cross Country. I have it in my 7th hour, which is also my last hour. I have practice Monday-Friday, meets on Saturdays and off on Sundays. The amount of practice is a big difference from what I did in Denmark, it was more 3 times a week, so I had to adjust to that. Everyday is different, some days is harder than others, also because of the heat and humidity we have here in Louisiana, which again, I had to adjust to, but you kinda get used to it as time goes by. I sadly got a minor injury in my ankle, which took me off from practice on and off, it's better now, but not perfect. I still go to the meets to cheer on my team, it's important for me to be a good team mate, even though I'm not able to do all the things. Enough about that, I will just give it time, and hope for the best. In the end, the important thing is not the sport itself, but to be a part of a team.        

Here in the United States, there's a lot of different things to do in the school, that involves you with a bunch of other people, and I really like that. So guess you can say, it's perfect for me to be here. Also, the holidays is slowly starting to appear, which I look very much forward to experience!

Love Frida