Event Recap: Cherry Blossoms & Lunch with CIEE Alumni

CIEE alumni in the Washington, D.C. area met on March 19 at Daikaya Izakaya, a Japanese restaurant serving small plate comfort food, to kick off the annual cherry blossom season. Some even journeyed from Maryland and Virginia to network with fellow CIEE alumni and to explore Japanese cuisine in celebration of the season. The cuisine included plates such as abura onigiri, mentaiko donburi, and gyutan (beef tongue). While some were trying new foods, a handful of alumni who studied abroad in Japan were taken back in time with the familiar tastes and traditional dishes presented with a culinary twist. There were also a number of alumni who were attending a chapter event for the first time and expressed excitement for the events to come. After lunch, the group headed out to visit the cherry blossoms and enjoyed a jazz concert by the Tidal Basin, an event which was organized by the National Cherry Blossom Festival.

Join the CIEE Alumni Washington, D.C. Chapter group on Facebook to stay updated about future events!

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2811

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2811

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2811