All participants take part in an orientation program in Seville or Madrid, depending on placement, that is conducted by local CIEE staff. During this period you will get to know the staff and understand the support network that is available to you throughout your time in Spain. CIEE can help you solve everyday problems while at school, work your way through cultural issues, or even provide travel advice for your weekend destinations. In case of emergency, CIEE is there to help.
Your orientation sessions will take place upon arrival and continue alongside classes at the language academy. All participants taking the course will receive the same information and preparation as those who participate in the Teach in Spain program four-day orientations.
Your new friends at CIEE are only part of the benefitswait until you meet your fellow Language Culture Assistants—all embarking on similar adventures! During orientation, relationships are forged, travel plans made, and visits promised. You will leave for your teaching placement with connections throughout Andalusia or Madrid.
Each day will be filled with new information that will help you to understand your assignment, teach more effectively, communicate better with Spaniards, and more clearly understand the culture.
- Airport pick up on designated arrival date and time in Seville or Madrid
- Accommodations in Seville or Madrid during orientation and all meals
- Classes on working as a Language and Culture Assistant, teaching methodologies, cross-cultural training, housing, health and safety, visa registration, and more
- Cultural outings and networking opportunities
- Transportation from orientation to your school's location
- Five nights of accommodations once you have relocated to your host town where your school is located (Andalucía only, Community of Madrid participants will not receive temporary accommodation. The central location of Madrid will allow Participants in the Community of Madrid to find housing during their homestay.)