Trip to San Diego, ate too many tacos.

Alfonso G.

So as you know by the title I went to San Diego during the Christmas break and it was amazing. How did I get there? You might ask, well it was an 11 hour drive, which drove me nuts (omg I'm so funny...).

In this post I'm really not going to talk about the trip itself because it would be too long, instead I want to mention some interesting things I noticed in San Diego.

First thing worth mentioning: the closer you get to Mexico the better tacos taste and no one can deny that. (Yes, I had an excessive amount of tacos and I'm proud of it.) I'll mention that San Diego is really close to the border with Mexico which helps understand why I am talking about it so much.

Also now that I mentioned Mexico, me being from Spain I was able to see several elements or influences from Spanish culture in Mexican historic sites. I was very interested in this because I could see the mixture between Spanish and Mexican culture and how it transitioned into Mexico's present culture.

Its interesting also that I came across an great amount of native Spanish speakers and surprisingly I did not speak a single word in Spanish during the time I was there, it's nothing wrong or good with it, its just interesting to me. 

Seeing things that resulted familiar from Spain also made me feel homesick. I want to mention this because it was the first time I have felt like that during my program or at least the first time I noticed how I was feeling about it so I will write a post on the subject eventually.