Time Running Out

Mohamed-Amin Z.

Hello folks!

So much happened since my arrival here in Seattle, and all those things are building this blog post. Today I am going to talk about a sad topic: Leaving. I am here since August 2018, and I will leave in June 2019.

I left Germany on August the second with excitement and curiosity. I spent two days in Washington DC with amazing people I am still talking to today. It was amazing to get to meet all other exchange students from Germany as well as all students from the US.

I arrived in Seattle on the fourth. I was super nervous to finally meet my American family. The love for my host family was created on that day and is growing since then every day. We went through so much which brought us closer and strengthened our relationship.

I started Cross Country which is one of the best decisions I could have made. I met so many people and made so many friends. I will always remember the running meets we went to, and all team bonding activities. I will never forget how much fun we had jumping into a close lake right after running a 5k.

I started Wrestling after Cross Country which made me meet more people. I found some strong friendships and a team which will always be there for me. A memory I will never forget is how everyone freaked out when I won my first match. It was insane, and I wish I could wrestle next year for my high school too.

Incredible Memories. This was just a tiny little bit of all memories. I am so thankful that I am able to be here and can experience all those things. I wouldn’t trade all of that with anything in this world.

I don’t want to think about leaving in June because it is so much fun here, and I am enjoying it here a lot. I wish I could stay for another year which is in my situation unfortunately not possible, but I definitely would if I could. I had an amazing time, and hope that I will have a more amazing time until I leave. I want to create more memories and make more friends. I want to have the most amazing year of my life. Everyone who has the opportunity to spend a year abroad should use it. It is the most awesome, and the best thing which has ever happened to me.

Thanks for reading my blog! I hope it was informative and interesting for you.

-Amin