Thanksgiving

Mara and Grace were both very excited to have their  first Thanksgiving here in the U.S.. Our day started with watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on TV while prepping food to bring to my mom's house where we gathered for dinner. Grace made the pumpkin pies and Mara made the stuffing (she declared several times after she tried it and throughout the weekend that it was her absolute favorite!). The girls were able to try all of the traditional Thanksgiving dishes while each of us around the table shared what we are thankful for. After dinner, we decorated gingerbread houses - an annual tradition in my family. My Thanksgiving weekend isn't complete without a full day of shopping on Black Friday! Both girls were up before the sun with me excited to experience the unofficial shop until you drop American holiday. Mara and Grace have lived with us for over three months now and oh how I wish time would slow down. We have moved past the initial getting to know each other phase, and the girls have become family - I couldn't have dreamed up better host daughters. As November comes to a close and I reflect on our time together, I am thankful for every game night, every meal we've made, our dinner time conversations, our movie nights, the many adventures we've had and the adventures yet to come.