Relationships with your LC and host family.

Pawarathe B.

One of those groups of people you'll be spending most time with are your Local coordinator and your host family; it's important to maintain a healthy- close relationship with them in order to gain the best experience possible.

To maintain a close- quality relationship with your host parent, you need to spend time with them. The simplest gestures can mean a lot. Offering to help with house chores, offering to help walk their pets, or even offering to help with your host sibling's schoolworks will help a lot.  If you have a habit of sticking to your phone, cutting yourself off by hiding in your room all day, you must lower those habits; don't know where to start? Just try to limit the amount of time you spend looking at your phone or hiding in your room; try to spend more time with them, sitting in the living room and have conversations about how their day went. Make them feel like you are one of their kids. Doing these will make them love you even more!

To maintain a good relationship with your Local Coordinator is also simple: limit your phone usage at the monthly meeting your Coordinator arranged, and address any problems- questions you might come across during your stay. be honest and open, and they surely will help you solve it.

So basically to have a great relationships (not limited to just your host family or Coordinator) , just be open and spend great time with them. Lower your "you" time hiding in your comfort zone, and talk- spend more time with them!