NY became my favorite city!

Julia S.

Hi guys!!!

Rightnow, I am in the airplane going to Portland - OR, New York was just amazing and I wish I could had been there more days but I can't wait to meet my host family!!

I arrived in Newark with other eight Brazilians people on Tuesday at about 6am and we spent the whole day in the hotel, which is such a beautiful place very close to the airport. I met a lot of people from all over the world, Spanish, Thailand, Mexico, Poland, Russia, Ecuador and they were just so cool. I didn't want to say goodbye to them today, because we don't know when we will see each other again…

On Wednesday, we had some explanations about the program and after we visit New York, even though it is very busy like Sao Paulo -where I live in Brazil,- I was in love with that city! We went to some touristic spots, like 9/11 memorial, and we had a dinner in a boat where there was a DJ, it was awesome, and we could see the Statue of Liberty from there!!

New York was like a dream, it was amazing meet people from different places and was very important to me come to my host family more confident about talk in English.

I don’t know exactly what I am feeling right now, it is just so crazy imagine that I will see the people, who I am going to live with for the next year, for the first time. 

Being in an exchange student program for me doesn't seem real, I yet don't believe that it is all happening to me, and to be true, I yet don't really missed my family and friends from Brazil, because, in my mind I will just come back to there in some days, but actually, these "some days" are about 300 days! hahah

Talk to you soon!

Julia