New York Orientation: Tour through NY $ party with the Statue of Liberty.

Alfonso G.

Hello everyone!! This is my very first post as a CIEE blogger! For my first post I wanted to talk about my experience in the NY Orientation, those were some of the best days of my life.

So let me tell you how it all went... I arrived at the JFK airport, went through inmigration without problems and met with other students from Spain, Russia, China and Italy, I became really good friends with four Spanish students and two Russian students. Then they took us to the hotel and we had some free time so we decided to go to the hotel pool and then hang out at the hotel rooms.

The next morning we started the orientation, it lasted a couple of hours and yes I know it sounds boring but is VERY usefull and important. In the orientation you learn what to do and what not to do in several situations that you may find yourself in throughout the program, so that you have enough tools to overcome any problems you may have.

After that we went to NY in a bus, visited some of the main sites such as Times Square, the World Trade Center Memorial and more. Then they took all the students to a boat, we had dinner and after that we went to the top part of the boat to party. All the students were dancing (yes, we started some dance battles) and having a great time while we had the skyline of NY and the Statue of Liberty on the background.

When the party was over we went to the hotel and we prepared our next flight, now to our corresponding states. My flight took off at 5 a.m. so I had to leave the hotel at 3, which meant that I could only sleep for a few hours. So I dediced to stay up all night hanging out with my roommates because their flights were very early as well.

In the end, those 3 days seem to be long but short at the same time. You know how time goes faster when you are having fun? Well thats what happens in NY, but at the same time you get to do so many things that you fell like one day were two.