My last hours in Poland

Anna M.

Hi! Welcome to my first post :)

My name is Anna. As you can see, it's almost time for me to leave for an exchange. My departure day is August 20th. I'm gonna fly from Warsaw to Frankfurt and from Frankfurt to New York City for orientation days.

Then, on Aug 22nd with 4 (or more) other exchange students I fly to Portland, Oregon.

I'm not sure about my thoughts. People keep asking me if I'm scared, nervous or excited but the truth is I don't feel anything at the moment. I got used to the thought that I leave to the USA for 10 months so it doesn't scare me that much (not yet!!). Also, it's the feeling that all these things don't happen to me but to someone else. It's hard to believe especially when you're very young. Of course, I'll miss my family and my whole country but the world is huge and it's waiting for me.

My expectations for this year are to make at least one or two real friends. I want to try as many new things as I can! Sports, food, clubs, teams, volunteering and many many more. I already know my next months will be like a rollercoaster!

See you in America,

Anna