Must See: Munich

Mari N.

Hey! After a long month of new and interesting experiences, I'm here again to tell you about another cool place in Germany you should visit. Where am I talking about? That would be none other than the city of Munich, which is located in the southern part of Bayern, Germany. If you love architechture with a modern vibe, you'll love this city. With its beautiful historic buildings and fancy shops, it's certainly a lively destination to visit. In today's blog we'll be taking a look at some of Munich's most beautiful buildings and exploring the modern-classy vibe.

Photo for blog post Must See: Munich

Located in the center of Munich, the Feldherrhalle attracts many tourists with its perfect and detailed arches. This building is quite difficult to miss if you're visiting the city. Surrounding it are usually many tourists taking pictures for their social media. As expected, I was no exception to this stereotype. I first visited this area last week during the Wandertag holiday with my classmates. As we walked by, my German friend thought it was funny how many pictures I was taking of everything. It may have been a little funny, but I have to have something to show you guys.

Photo for blog post Must See: Munich

Up next on the list is one of my absolute favorite buildings. Before I had any info on it, I used to think this was a cathedral. Corrected by my host mother, I now know that this is actually called the New Town Hall. That definitely doesn't change the fact that it's a very aesthetic picture location. Unfortunately I ran into this building while I was lost in Munich, but I'm honestly glad I found it. If you plan to visit here, it's generally crowded by tourists and photographers. Don't let that stop you from visiting though, because it's one-hundred percent worth it!

Photo for blog post Must See: Munich

Next to the Feldherrhalle is Theatine Church. While I don't know a lot about the church itself, it's also a very nice location in the heart of Munich. Many restaurants surround this area because of the amazing view of two very beautiful buildings side by side. In the picture you can see both buildings quite well, but on the weekends this isn't the case. In the large area in the front, events are often being held which blocks the view -especially on the weekends.

Photo for blog post Must See: Munich

If you're planning any kind of date with someone and happen to be in Munich, Hofgarten is a cute idea. Aside from the interesting grass and path design, there's a lot to see in the park. I like to think of this place as couple's garden, just because of the amount of couples you'll see there. It wasn't hard to miss the sight of people being proposed to or couples getting wedding photos taken. I have to admit that the park is very amusing, so you would be entertained even if you came alone.

Photo for blog post Must See: Munich

That's all for today's blog! Stay tuned for tomorrow when I'll be showing off some cool pictures from everywhere I've visited this month. Thanks for reading!