Travel with CIEE
There's nothing like a study abroad trip to reconnect with the topic or language you teach all year long.
With CIEE, teachers can travel too! We offer 3 specific opportunities.
Be A Program Leader
Lead One of Our Summer Abroad Programs2021 Applications Opening soon!
Each summer, we offer paid positions to U.S. high school teachers who want to lead three- or four-week-long summer programs abroad. This is a fantastic opportunity to flex your teaching skills in a new way, build your resume, and travel abroad during your summer break.
Stay tuned! for our 2021 application!
Travel with your own students
We take high school students all over the world year-round, but you can also travel with your own class! With 70 years of experience and a global network of offices, CIEE is a unique partner to help you open the world to your students.
Starting at $1,300 per student, we offer prepackaged school trips to 5 exciting locations. Accompanying teachers travel for free!
In just 7 days, our school trips offer students a full immersion in one of 5 amazing international locations, with classes taught by local experts, opportunities to engage with the local community, and exciting activities and excursions. Our team will work with you to adapt to your logistical needs, meet your curricular goals, and inspire your students!
Included in the tuitionClick to Open
FOR ALL TRIPS, TUITION INCLUDES:
- 5 cultural activities
- 1 peer-to-peer activity
- Day trip to an exciting local attraction including transportation, guide and activities
- Supplemental health and travel insurance
- Comprehensive orientation
- Support from CIEE staff
PROGRAM-SPECIFIC INCLUSIONSClick to Open
- For Language & Culture programs: 10 hours of language or content instruction, host family stay
- For Service & Leadership programs: 10 hours of structured community service and leadership seminar, host family stay
- For Biodiversity & Sustainability programs: 8 hours of biodiversity and conservation studies, and 5 hours of service work
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTSClick to Open
- 10 students
- 1 chaperone for every 10 students (chaperone’s flight and program price are covered by CIEE)
6 Standard Trips to Choose From
Have a different destination in mind?
Contact us with your dates to discuss custom program options.Call Now
Refer 7 Students and Earn a Free Trip or a Scholarship for one of your Students
Every year, our study abroad programs transform the lives of hundreds of U.S. high school students, but we need your help to get the word out!
Many students and parents assume that study abroad is just for college! So you can play a critical role to help us raise awareness about high school study abroad programs and scholarships.
If at least 7 students you referred travel on any of our Global Navigator High School Study Abroad Programs (summer abroad, semester abroad, or gap year abroad), you earn a free 4 day trip to observe one of our programs in action in Seville, Spain; Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic; Berlin, Germany; Merida, Mexico; or Rabat, Morocco.
How it works?
- The International Studies Advisor for your region provides you with materials so you can present a travel opportunity to your students.
- Your students start an application for the program of their choice and list your name as their referral.
- Our team helps your students through the application process.
Can't travel or want to help a student?
Gift this reward to a student of your choice as a $2,500 discount on any Global Navigator High School Program. This award may be broken up into multiple partial discounts to several students at your discretion.
What is included in the free trip?Click to Open
- Round trip airfare & transportation to CIEE location
- Excursions that are booked at group rate with option to have free time to explore at your own cost
- CIEE arranged accommodations (hotel/dorm/host family)
- Group meals with option to eat independently (meals stipend provided)
Add-ons available at your own costClick to Open
- Option to upgrade or arrange own housing
- Free time and additional travel time
- Participation in additional excursions or experiences
- Teacher may bring family (family members will not be participating in observation activities)
- Additional snacks or meals
When can I travel?Click to Open
- If you refer all 7 or more students in one school year, you may travel the same summer they do.
- Referrals can span several years, with your travel occurring the summer that you receive your 7th referral.
Who is eligible?Click to Open
- Teachers, administrators, and counselors at non-partner schools. If your school is a Global Navigator School, please contact your International Studies Advisor regarding opportunities for you or your staff.
- Not sure if your school is a part of the Global Navigator network? Check out our list here.
Do the students have to be from my school?Click to Open
- No! Students can be from other schools, but can only count as a referral if they do not attend a Global Navigator School.
- Not sure if a school is part of the Global Navigator network? Check out our list here.