Why CIEE visits Málaga?

High School Abroad in Spain

Raquel Burgos

The combo trip of Ronda/Málaga is one of the spring trips for the HSA program.

Why this combo? Ronda is one of the most beautiful and visited villages in Andalucía and it is close to Sevilla and Málaga town. The village is located on a rocky promontory that offers magnificent panoramas over the whole valley. The town is divided in 2 by a river and a bridge. From the bridge linking the 2 sides there is a breathtaking 100 meter cliff. In this town, CIEE students get to visit the oldest bullfight ring in the world and get a tour of the city by local tour guides.

After visiting this lovely town and have free time to explore it and have lunch on the own, CIEE students head to Málaga city. Málaga is the birth place of Antonio Banderas and Picasso. It has established itself as Andalusia’s most culturally dynamic and exciting city and, as such, it doesn´t dissapoint. From its stunning port and beautiful old town to its unrivalled gallery scene and lovely beaches, there is something for everyone in this sophisticated, modern metropolis.

During the CIEE trip, our students get to visit the Alcazaba: an amazing Moorish arquitecture with fantastic views of the port; walk through the old town; visit the Picasso and Pompidiu Museum; visit the impressive cathedral. A picture is worth a thousand words so please, see the pictures above.