Time

High School Abroad in Spain

Olivia Snyder

Time flies by fast when you're having fun, and that's exactly what has been happening. In the past month, a lot has happened. For one, I have made many new friends because everyone wants to know the foreigner but there is one group of very nice girls that have really taken me under their wing. After school one of the girls and I will go home together on the public bus, during recreo we will just talk and laugh which is very nice and makes it feel almost more natural to be here. Not to mention the fun trips to places like El Palacio de Hielo which is a mall with an arcade on the second floor and adventures in the city. As well, the program trip to Granada happened which was amazing although short. Our tour guides were great people who helped to explain things so everyone would understand. The Alhambra was one of our main destinations to visit and it is marvelous, it is easy to forget how long ago it was built because everything is so well preserved and everything is insanely detailed. My host family is great and I feel like we have been getting closer recently which is an amazing feeling. During one long weekend, we took a day trip to Toledo and we visited many fascinating places, including a Safartic Jewish museum as I am Jewish. Time has been flying by so fast it is hard to believe it's already almost halfway through November.