A Night Out in Valencia

High School Abroad in Spain

Madison P.

The night life in Spain is unlike anything I have ever experienced. In the United States, I have heard the saying that "nothing good ever happens after midnight," which is completely different than Spain because nothing happens before midnight in Spain. The night does not start until midnight at the earliest, and goes into dawn. It is not just students either, it is families with young kids and older couples just walking around enjoying their time. The no rush attitude here translates to late nights. 

I have gone out on the weekend to clubs or discotecas, which is all new because we go to the movies or sporting events in the United States. I go with Nora, Oona(another foreign exchange student from Finland), Javi(my host cousin) and anyone else that wants to join including other exchange students and Javi's friends. We dance the night away to various artists that are all new to me. I am still in shock about how much energy the Spainards have even as the night goes on, but I am adjusting and becoming a little more Spanish every time.