Living La Vida Normal

High School Abroad in Spain

Madison P.

So I think many of my friends and family have the wrong idea of what I do here. I have had a few ask me if I go out to the discoteca or club a few times a week, when, in reality, I go only two or so times a month. Life here is normal too. It did take me a few weeks to adjust to this being my reality, but once I did it showed me how similar my life here and in Michigan is. I am a normal teenager here just like I was in Michigan. Here are some of the very normal things that I have done recently. 

I am fortunate to live close to the city, so I am able to go pretty easily. There is so much to do there and so many new things to try. It is the go to place if I am ever bored.

There is also a large area of resturants and a movie theater that I am able to walk to called Kinepolis. I have gone and played pool there, gone to the movies (Los Juegos del Hambre or The Hunger Games was the most recent), gone for coffee and gone out to eat. 

It did take me a few weeks to realize that this is my life instead of a long vacation. The hard thing about being a semester student is that once I realized that this was my reality, I then realized that my life here has an end date that is quickly approaching. There is still so much to do here, and I plan to check off as many things as possible. 

Besitos,

Madison