College Admissions and Enrollment

  • bike ride host family toulouse study abroad
  • france aerial view paris sunny day city
  • santo domingo excursion study abroad dr

Start college with First Year Abroad

All students in the First Year Abroad program must be accepted by CIEE and Dean College* to participate. But don’t worry – CIEE’s enrollment team will guide you through the application and enrollment process! Upon acceptance into Dean College*, students will be enrolled in the A.A. of General Studies degree program for the duration of the First Year Abroad program.

Courses offered on the First Year Abroad program are designed to be highly transferable and fulfill general education requirements while helping students gain independence and cross-cultural competencies. 

What comes after First Year Abroad? It’s up to you! 

  • Continue your studies at Dean College 
    Students in good standing with Dean College are invited to continue their degree on-campus at Dean College.  Complete the A.A. in General Studies degree or transfer to one of Dean College’s Bachelor’s degree programs. 
  • Transfer to a First Year Abroad College Partner 
    CIEE is pleased to partner with globally-minded colleges and universities across the country to empower students to study abroad and experience the world before continuing their academic studies on-campus.  College Partners have agreed to articulate the courses you took abroad to their course catalog to help you have a smoother transfer process. 
  • Transfer to any college or university 
    Courses offered on the First Year Abroad program are designed to fulfill general education or common core requirements at many U.S.-based colleges and universities. 

*Pending approval by the New England Commission of Higher Education.