A DAY IN DUN LAOGHAIRE: A GUEST BLOG BY STUDENT ALAINA MUNDT

Global Entrepreneurship

Hailie Mentz

We went to Dun Laoghaire on Sunday. It’s a little fishing town in Dublin that was amazing. When we first got there, it was sunny, and we met in a cute little park in the middle of the town. The program let us go and get our own lunches with stipends, so a friend and I went to get some fish tacos from a little restaurant on the edge of the sea. 

Fish tacos

After we ate, it was super nice just to walk around and enjoy the city. The buildings were beautiful and the colors were so vibrant it felt like walking through a fairytale. 

Houses

The sea was right next to us so we decided to walk the pier and take it all in. Nothing I can say can describe how beautiful it was, so here's a couple of pictures instead.

Sea
Alaina

The colors of the water matched perfectly with the beauty of the town. It felt surreal walking on the rocks near the water. I just could not get over the fact that I was really there. After walking around the town for a bit, we ran into some other people in our group who told us to head over to the shopping center. When we got there, we went into this one store and got amazing perfumes that both of us will be using for much longer than this trip. Then, we went back to the pier area and there were some food trucks there, so we got some delicious smoothies, and I was able to get some amazing stir-fry noodles. After that, we went to the little farmers market in the park and got some cherries, raspberries, apples, bracelets, cookies, and ice cream! Near the end of our adventure, we sat down on one of the park benches and were able to watch a very competitive family game of soccer between some kids. Dun Laoghaire was definitely not a place I was expecting to go on this trip, but I would not have wanted to go home without checking out this amazing town.