CARLINGFORD ADVENTURE CENTRE

Global Entrepreneurship

Hailie Mentz

After a fulfilling day of classes, museum visits, and dinner in Dublin, our enthusiastic students embarked on a scenic bus ride to Carlingford, arriving at the Adventure Centre around 7 pm. Settling into their accommodations for a well-deserved rest, they prepared for the action-packed activities ahead.

Saturday kicked off with an 8 am breakfast, and with great excitement, the students donned wetsuits in preparation for standup-paddleboarding and kayaking. This experience not only showcased their adventurous spirit but also served as a fantastic team-building exercise. Working together on large paddleboards, the students bonded and grew even closer as they navigated the waters with laughter and camaraderie.

x
x

A hearty lunch awaited them, showcasing the delightful variety of potatoes Ireland is renowned for, from fries to roasted and mashed potatoes. Energized and ready for more adventure, the group embarked on a hike up the mountainside, offering breathtaking views of the water. 

The view from halfway up the mountain

The evening took a thrilling turn with multiple rounds of laser tag, culminating in the warmth of a bonfire and the sweetness of s'mores.

Four Global Entrepreneurship students ready to play laser tag!
Students roasting their marshmallows in the bonfire

Sunday morning brought multiple survivor games, where the students displayed their resourcefulness by building fires and shelters in the forest. 

A group of students working together to make a fire

The highlight of the day was undoubtedly ziplining, a truly exhilarating experience that our students fondly describe as "great craic," in the Irish spirit of fun and enjoyment.

Global Entrepreneurship and Advocating for Social Justice students after enjoying an afternoon of ziplining

Despite the occasional rain and exhaustion, our students truly made the most of their unforgettable weekend in Carlingford. Engaging in exhilarating activities, bonding with peers, and embracing the local culture, they showcased their resilience and enthusiasm for exploration.