Home base for the start of your journey is the lively Sentier district in the Second arrondissement. From here, it’s easy to explore rue Montorgueil – a pedestrian-only haven of cafés, markets and tantalizing sweets – and access the rest of the city.
- Student apartments or home stays with French hosts
- Hi-tech classrooms
- Study tours and trips each block
- CIEE staff support you in your day-to-day life in Paris and have the inside scoop on local events, volunteer opportunities, and more
CIEE Global Institute Paris - Part of the Global Quad
A Custom Study Abroad Experience YOU Create
CIEE’s Global Institutes, located in six major international cities, provide students with a network of study abroad opportunities with course offerings coordinated to enable you to study in one location or multiple locations, in the same way you study on your home campus in one or in multiple buildings in the campus quad.
Each Global Institute offers a number of courses across five academic disciplines, offered in six week blocks. This Open Campus Academic Model allows you to study in one location for a full semester, or create a custom, comparable study abroad experience that takes you to up to three international cities in CIEE’s Global Quad.
How Do I Create My Custom Study Program?
- Choose your location or locations (choose from six international cities), academic track, length of stay (6, 12 or 18 weeks).
- Decide if you want to pursue an academic project like an internship, service learning or research project.
- Consider applying for financial aid, a scholarship or a travel grant (CIEE awards over $6 million in financial aid each year.)
What is the Open Campus Advantage?
- You study abroad in one, two or three leading international cities.
- You meet requirements for your academic major or minor by taking classes in:
- Communications, Journalism and New Media
- Global and Community Health
- International Relations and Political Science
- Language, Literature and Culture
- You participate in both study tours and cultural excursions.
- You can pursue an academic project like an internship, service learning or research project.
- You study in the heart of the city and live in international residence halls, apartments or home stays.
When Can I Study Abroad at CIEE’s Global Institutes?
Regardless of your school’s academic calendar our sequential block system is flexible letting you study in Berlin, London, Madrid, Paris, Rome & Cape Town.
- January Sessions: 3½-weeks
- Spring and Fall Semester Programs: 6, 12 or 18 weeks; can be in one or up to three unique locations
- Summer Sessions: 4, 8 or 12 weeks; in one or more locations
Learn more about our Paris Open Campus Program.
DIRECT ENROLLMENT: LEARN ALONGSIDE FRENCH STUDENTS
Enroll in courses at a CIEE local university partner, such as the Université Sorbonne Nouvelle-Paris 3, in a traditional French classroom setting. It’s a great way to immerse yourself in Parisian culture and get to know your peers. (Restrictions apply; for students staying at least three blocks in Paris.)
FALL PROGRAMS: REDEFINE ‘BACK-TO-SCHOOL’
Our Global Institute in Paris also offers these programs in the fall:
SUMMER PROGRAMS: BUILD YOUR BEST SUMMER EVER
Looking for exciting opportunities this summer? We have the solution.