Where in the World is AIC? Spring Events & Conferences

AIC Internships

AIC Internships

We look forward to seeing our colleagues from around the world during the upcoming conferences:

NAFSA, May 26-31, Washington, DC

BCCIE, June 23-26, Whistler, Canada

​GIC, July 2-4, Auckland, New Zealand

Will we see you there? Click here to schedule a meeting at NAFSA and mark your busy conference calendar to join us for the following presentations:

Career Center Session: Navigating the Alphabet Soup of International Education Conferences Wednesday, May 29 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM

This session will help you to identify and navigate the various conferences and their acronyms. You will gain a fuller understanding of why they operate; who they serve; their focus; and what professional development opportunities exist. Hear from Matt Byrnes, Director of the Global Internship Conference (GIC), Ainslie Moore from the University of Auckland, and Kate Moore, Vice President of AIC.

Introduction to Education Abroad Visa Advising: Basics for Study Abroad, Work, Intern, Volunteer, and Research Categories Friday, May 31 10:00 AM – 11:15 AM

This presentation serves as an introduction to visa advising for education abroad. In addition to the basics of visa advising, we provide information for programs that include work, internship, volunteer, research and other components which often necessitate the need for a different visa category. Hear from Jolie Roetter, Director of Global Learning Programs at American University Kogod School of Business, and Kate Moore, Vice President of AIC.

Poster Session: Where in the World? Advising for Global Internship Programs Wednesday, May 29 1:30 PM – 3:00 PM

This poster will share specific tools designed to help students determine which global internship locations make the most - or the least! - sense based on academic focus, career goals, and personal interests. Learning begins well before leaving home and advising can assist in expectation setting to meet the goals of an education program abroad. Presented by Randeep Kullar, Director of Academic Partnerships for AIC. 

Poster Session: Making the Case for Stakeholder Support: Internships around the World Wednesday, May 29 1:30 PM – 3:00 PM

The Global Internship Conference will have been hosted in six continents over a decade and this poster highlights key polices and perspectives from countries throughout the world on government funding, visa regulations, workforce development, academic integration, and employer engagement. Join us as we spin the globe to share ideas and inspiration! Presented by Matt Byrnes, Director of the Global Internship Conference (GIC), and Kate Moore, Vice President of AIC.

Poster Session: Bridging the Employability Gap: Before, During and After an Internship Thursday, May 30 1:30 PM – 3:00 PM

This poster will share specific research on the outcomes of employment at different stages of the student internship process. Presented by Chris McKenzie, Director of Program Development for AIC. 

Open Meeting: An Open Dialogue with the WIVRA Subcommittee Thursday, May 30 9:00 AM - 10:15 AM

Come meet the EA Work, Internship, Volunteering, and Research Abroad (WIVRA) subcommittee and learn about the future of this group. Facilitated by Kate Moore, WIVRA Subcommittee Chair and Vice President of AIC. 

We look forward to seeing you soon! Click here to schedule a meeting at NAFSA and check back here for more detail about our participation in upcoming events and conferences.