AIC Employer Highlight: Student Success Stories

AIC Internships

AIC Internships

AIC strives to place motivated and academically-focused students with high-quality host organizations and employers who provide an internship experience that is unparalled. Our student success stories are a testament and tribute to those host organizations and employers who teach, mentor, and advise our students through the duration of their academic internship. Without our strong network of organizations willing to be paired with an AIC Intern, our students would not be in the places they are today. Hear first-hand from students why they are able to have the successes they have and continue to have. 

Josie B., Global Intern, London

Josie, a student at Tulane University, lived and interned abroad in London in Summer 2018, for Revlon. She worked as a brand team designer in marketing, and gained invaluable experience and boosted her resume for her future. This experience led her to her seccond summer internship back in the states with the Walgreen Boots Alliance in New York City. Josie notes:

"Having prior experience in the beauty industry was vital, and having worked in the UK made me their ideal candidate. My proven ability to work cross-culturally and my knowledge of the UK market was an advantage over other candidates, and led to me being given the most important intern role." 

With her exceptionally strong resume and experience, Josie was able to pursue opportunities she wouldn't otherwise have been made aware of, or been qualified for. All this to say, Josie has now accepted a full-time position with Visa in San Francisco. 

"I hope my story has made you excited about what is possible during and after an academic internship. I regard mine as the springboard that has led to my successes, and am still the biggest advocate for this program!"

Grant C., Global Intern, Copenhagen

"A full-blown political journalist"

An internship in Copenhagen turned out to be a fantastic opportunity for Grant a student from Villanova University, to accelerate his ambition about being a journalist. Grant’s background in political science, a sharp pen and insight in the history and socio-economic aspects of the important swing-state Pennsylvania was, together with his personal drive, a perfect combination for writing a series of background articles about Pennsylvania. The series of articles are warming up to the US presidential election in November 2020. Grant was an intern at an online news magazine that specializes in American policy and society, Kongressen.com. The magazine is fueling Danish media and policy informants with news about the US. The series of articles is translated into Danish and has been published throughout January and February. Kongressen.com and AIC/CIEE have agreed to continue the cooperation and we will continue to send qualified and motivated students as interns to the online magazine in the future.    

Quintin L., Global Intern, London

As a current senior at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University, Quinton is seeing his future play out in front of him with great success. During his time in London as a Fall Global Intern, Quinton was a Technology Business Development Intern with Drone Major. Drone Major is the world's leading independent drone advisory service, which enables clients to navigate the expanding technology of drones across all environments. This highly technical internship set Quinton up for a full-time position this fall, with Deloitte in their consulting practice as a Business Technology Analyst. Quinton notes:

"Thank you, Drone Major, for giving me the opportunity to learn and interact with different businesses and cultures on an international stage. During my time living and working in a foreign country, I have grown immensely professionally and personally." 

You can read more from Quinton on his personal success story here

Partnering with AIC

These are just three, of thousands of interns who have lived and worked abroad through growing and trusted partnerships with local host organizations and employers and AIC. The AIC program draws motivated, academically-driven students from renowned universities located around the world. We make it easy for your organization to build, engage, and grow an internship program that is a customized meet your goals, and match your needs. We're not a placement agency, we're a partner to help you broaden your employees' networks, take your company global without leaving town, all while preapring students for the global workforce.

Not sure where to get started? Let us help you customzie a program and intern for you. Learn more about being an AIC Employer Partner here and send us an email