24 Hours in Vancouver: A Global Intern's Guide to Canada

AIC Internships

AIC Internships

When you are a Global Intern in Vancouver, the possibilities are endless.  From beautiful landscapes, relaxing scenes, natural resources, and fresh seafood galore, there is so much to see - and eat. We have put together an itinerary for 24 hours in Vancouver, as well as some other not-to-miss attractions around the city and surrounding areas. We are curious what your favorites will be from Vancouver! Now it's time to get out there and explore...

9:00 AM 

Grab your walking shoes, pack a breakfast to go, and head on over to Stanley Park - a 400+ acre greenspace almost entirely surrounded by water. Find things to do, local walking and hiking trail maps, and more here

1:00 PM

Feeling zen? And maybe a little hungry from the sunshine and fresh air? We have the perfect next stop for you: Granville Island Public Market. There is so much to do and see in this thriving public market which includes restaurants, breweries, and shops. You can learn more about Granville Island and the possibilities it can offer you, and your stomach, here.  Enjoy walking around and trying culinary delights and artisan gifts. If you're up for a beautiful walk over from Stanley Park you can use these walking directions (pro tip - save this Google Map to your phone when you have WiFi so you can navigate the city like a local!).

3:00 PM

Now that you have gotten some tasty nibbles at Granville Island Public Market, it's back to the natural wonders that Vancouver has to offer. Head on over to the Capilano Suspension Bridge and check out one of the coolest walks around, with amazing views to boot. Cross over this 140-meter bridge as you look down at the Capilano River. Be one of nearly one million annual visitors. Learn more about the construction and history, as well as park hours and how to visit, here

7:00 PM

You've earned yourself a treat of the locals, coffee. Vancouverites take their coffee businesses seriously, with thousands of shops. Home to the first international Starbucks, Vancouver has expanded upon their love for this bean by encouraging visitors to check out local coffee shops. You can find some favorites here - and add your own! 

Insider tip: many local coffee shops put on art shows, small shows, musical concerts, and engage in culture with ways other than coffee. Find your favorite shop and offer to share it with your new colleagues. You will enjoy getting to know locals through coffee culture. 

Vancouver has so much to offer a Global Intern - luckily you will be there for more than one day. Some of Canada's biggest attractions are in Vancouver from endless outdoor recreation opportunities, beautiful views and more. Looking for more suggestions in Vancouver? We trust The Lonely Planet's Guide to Vancouver!

For over 30 years, we have built an exceptional track record of matching students to internship experiences offering rich opportunities for growth in a wide range of fields—from financial services and marketing to healthcare, technology, and the environment. Intern placements are based on how each student’s aspirations, skills, and experience can benefit them as an intern abroad, as determined through an individual pre-placement meeting. While each internship is unique, every program combines cultural, academic, and professional development opportunities to allow students to achieve personal growth and competitive advantage in the global workforce.

Learn more