At Your Position
A time of personal and professional discovery
Getting used to everyday life in a new city can be an exciting adventure, and what you learn about America is going to be just as important as the professional education that will come with your training/internship. One thing is certain: every day will be full of surprises!
Your host organization has promised to deliver a worthwhile professional development and cultural exchange experience. And by accepting the position, you have committed to doing your best to make a positive personal and professional contribution to the organization. It’s in everyone’s interest to make the program a success. Here are a few important things to keep in mind:
- Your training or internship should focus on fulfilling the terms of the DS-7002 Training/Internship Placement Plan. For your host organization, that means staying true to the plan; for you, it means taking direction from supervisors and completing all assigned tasks.
- How you approach your training or internship is important. Have a positive attitude and show enthusiasm about the program and your assigned responsibilities.
- Build and maintain good professional relationships with colleagues
- Be ready and willing to accommodate differences in workplace environment and culture
- Be on time. You should demonstrate that you are serious about your program by arriving at (or earlier than) the time indicated by your supervisor. Your hours may also vary depending on the needs of your host organization and your training schedule.
CIEE is Always Here to Help
We understand that it can sometimes be challenging to get comfortable with new places and new people. We’re committed to ensuring that trainees, interns, and host organizations fully benefit from this rich experience, and we’re always available with help and advice. Call us at 1-888-268-6245 if you have questions or need assistance.