Nathalie Karg Gallery - Internship 2020 New York City

Nathalie Karg Gallery is looking for a highly motivated recent graduate student of Art History and/or Art Administration for an internship as part of their career prep.

To ensure that our interns have a well-rounded educational experience, we ask for a minimum commitment of fivedays per week for a duration of three months. To start January 3rd 2020. Applicants should be organized, efficient and professional, detail-oriented with a deep communication focus and interest in contemporary art. Interns will learn all aspects of fastpaced and dynamic gallery and work closely with the Gallery Director and Gallery Manager.
Daily tasks will include but will not be limited assisting with communication, social media strategy & daily posting, preparing press materials and assisting with graphic design. High skills in Social Media, especially IG Art Gallery proficiency is mandatory.
Over the course of three months, the intern will be immersed in daily operations, support in ongoing exhibition coordination, and assist with strategic development of the galleries Instagram site.
The ideal candidate has a background and strong interest in communication, excellent verbal and written communication skills, proficiency in Mac and Google Suite and a professional demeanor.
Experience with InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop preferred.
Nathalie Karg Gallery is a fast-paced contemporary art gallery on the Lower East Side in New York, with an emphasis on contemporary artists.

Sector -  Gallery
Education - Graduate
Position Type - Internship
Compensation - Depending on the candidate qualifications a stipend
will be discussed

Application Instructions/Public Contact Information: This is a great opportunity for a graduate or recent graduate student looking to gain hands-on experience in the art business.
If you are this exceptional candidate, please email your resume and cover letter to jonathan@nathaliekarg.com and karin@nathaliekarg.com. Emails must include “Application for Gallery Internship” in the subject line.