Fashion Design internship in New York

ROMEO HUNTE looking for a Design Assistant Intern! Are you bright, fearless, have a  love for fashion and have some experience? This may be the internship for you!

Romeo Hunte New York is a definitive lifestyle brand created for all women who appreciate intricate details. Designed in New York City, the line embodies an aesthetic that is cool, conservative and intricate with a balance of feminine and masculine. The brand emphasizes on impeccable outerwear that are practical such as the signature cashmere shearling hood shawl that is one of the core elements of Romeo Hunte the brand. The vision is to create modern classic apparels that are luxurious, transitional and transformable at a contemporary price point. The Romeo Hunte woman is powerful, confident, and innovative with an admirable passion for art and pop culture.

The ideal candidate will:

• Be responsible for assisting with the creation of commercially viable product designs across collections
  • Coordinate and deliver brand-right designs that tie back to the overall concept and business strategy; encompassing style, color/print, fit and fabric for new/existing product lines.
  • Apply a solid working knowledge of fashion trends and consumer needs to product designs
  • Demonstrates a passion for the brand, inspires individuals and relies on limited experience to plan and accomplish goals
  • Work right along side with Designer on all aspects of product lifecycle from concept to final development. 

Qualifications: 

• Start up mentality
  • Thrive in high-pressure, highly charged and dynamic environments
  • Excited to see a business grow
  • Willing to pitch in on a variety of projects
  • Hard worker not afraid of long hours when necessary
  • Highly motivated by your own personal and career goals
  • Committed to making the company succeed
  • Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; Adobe, Photo Illustrator, must have experience using Excel
  • Strong time management skill
  • Ability to work under a deadline
  • Must have strong communication skills, both oral and written

Day-to-Day Responsibilities:

• Assist in interpreting the brand’s direction into materials, trims, styles, trend, colors and patterns 
  • Prepare line sheet/look book and presentation materials/set-up for line previews and buy meetings 
  • Assist in identifying specific materials, color palettes, patterns and prints for the season. 
  • Participate in research and development of seasonal trends 
  • Assist in shopping the retail and trend (fabric/color/fashion) markets seeking new merchandise ideas, as needed 
  • Assist in creating and distributing fabric development packages 
  • Assist in creating and distributing color cards, trim cards and pattern development sheets 
  • Assist in developing flat mechanical sketches for design development 
  • Assist in selecting styles, materials and colors that fit the brand and style plans 
  • Work with Designer in developing print and pattern designs 
  • Assist in reviewing development samples 
  • Assist in the tracking and approval of fabric samples, ship-in and ship-out 
  • Participate in fit sessions

To apply send your cover letter and resume/cv to hr@romeohunte.com