Culinary Arts Internship in North Carolina

The Orchard Restaurant is a smaller, family owned restaurant nestled in the quaint mountain resort town of Cashiers, North Carolina. Primarily open for evening meals, The Orchard Restaurant menu consists of regional fare with Southern origins.  Their 90 seat restaurant also has a weather dependent patio with an additional 25 seats, an events barn where they hold private events, dinners and parties for up to 250, and a guest cottage for overnight rental.  Cashiers North Carolina is located in the southern western mountains of the state at an elevation of 3400'.  A hub of outdoor activity and beautiful natural landscapes, Cashiers also offers many cultural activities as well. 

Our internship will offer you the opportunity to learn and work with the chefs and management and owners, giving you hands on experience with a focused initiative.  You will be learning how each station is prepared for evening service.  Baking, sauce making, knife skills, smoking of different types of proteins and vegetables, various cooking techniques including saute, grill, braising, smoking, frying and baking will be taught.  Sanitation requirements, inventory control, ordering and scheduling policies will be included in the internship.  The intern will also learn how to prepare and present platters and menus for catering, both on premises at our events barn and offsite at a private home or venue. The intern will spend sufficient time learning front of the house procedures, including the taking of reservations, seating guests and the process of taking orders.  Housing is available.  Ideal candidate should be available May-October.  There will be many opportunities to explore the immediate area of Cashiers as well as the surrounding towns and cities including Asheville.   

Interested applicants please send resume to eventsattheorchardcashiers@gmail.com