Crowdfunding Internships in NYC, Chicago and San Francisco

Kiva is the world’s first and largest crowdfunding platform for social good. Kiva runs an online marketplace  for crowdfunded microloans that serves the financially excluded. Their organization combines the culture and technological passion of an internet start-up with the compassion and empathy of a non-profit to expand financial access at global scale. They aim to drive social impact and enable opportunity while providing a borrower-to-lender connection: “Loans that change lives.”  

Kiva's mission is to expand financial access to help underserved communities thrive. In just 13 years, they have raised more than $1.1 billion in loan capital for 2.7+ million borrowers in over 80 countries. Their lenders fund over $10 million in loans every month. Headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Portland, New York City, Nairobi, and Bangkok, Kiva's team has 100+ employees and 500+ volunteers worldwide. 

Internship Program Since its founding, volunteerism has been an integral part of Kiva's foundation and success. As a Kiva Intern, you will contribute your passion, drive, ideas and expertise to expanding our reach and impact while taking on immediate and significant responsibilities within their teams. In addition to learning on the job, you'll partake in a variety of educational, social, and professional development workshops and events that will accelerate your professional growth while learning about Kiva and the non-profit, technology, and microfinance sectors. 

Kiva Internships are 6-month, full-time, volunteer positions with a monthly stipend of $1000/month. These positions are located in our San Francisco, CA; San Jose, CA; Portland, OR; New York City, NY; or Chicago, IL offices. 

Kiva is currently hiring for our July 2019 to December 2019 Internship Class 

Placement Process:  Candidates should apply to one of the open positions they feel best fits their background, experiences, and interests. The Intern Program Team may consider candidates for positions other than those they applied to, based on the team’s assessment of the candidate’s qualifications.  

Current positions are as follows. Please review each job description on our job board for a better understanding of what interns are responsible for, and the various required and preferred qualifications:

• Impact Investments Kiva US Operations Intern (SF)

• Kiva US Regional Intern (SF, San Jose, Chicago and NYC)

• Portfolio Operations Intern (Portland)

• Customer Support & Operations  Community Support & Engagement Intern (SF or Portland)

• Talent Programs  Kiva Fellow & Intern Programs Intern (SF)

• Review & Translation Program Intern (SF)

• Marketing New Media & Brand Partnerships Intern (Portland)

• Email Special Projects Intern (SF or Portland)

• Strategic Development & Partnerships Partnerships Intern (SF)  

Minimum Qualifications:

• 21 years of age by the start of training week

• Able to commit full-time for 6-month term 

Benefits:

• Professional development workshops

• Casual, dog-friendly office

• Access to Kiva’s network of Kiva Fellowship and Internship

• Optional participation in Kiva social activities, including: Athletic club teams Movie and game nights Happy hours

• References gladly given for successful participants 

• A stipend of $1,000/month for the duration of the internship (disbursed on a monthly basis), to help offset living costs   

How to Apply:  Visit www.kiva.org/work-with-us/internvolunteers to learn more about our program. 
You can view the full job descriptions and fill out an application here: https://boards.greenhouse.io/kivainternship

If you have any questions, please email internprogram@kiva.org