Apply for a Scholarship
In order to provide valuable opportunities to a greater number of students, CIEE offers a limited amount of up to 10% scholarships for our High School Abroad programs in all 12 of our destinations: Australia, Brazil, Chile, China, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, New Zealand, Spain, and Sweden.
These scholarships are open to both semester and year abroad students. Award recipients are chosen based on merit. The process is highly competitive, and award amounts may vary.
To apply, complete the scholarship application task in your online program application.
Ready to Apply?
Scholarship Application Deadlines
- Fall departures: April 30
- Spring departures: October 1
Due to the number of applications received, we are unable to consider late or incomplete applications. It is very important that all required scholarship application documents be received on or before the deadline.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Outbound Programs department at 1-800-40-STUDY (1-800-407-8839).
- Mark the scholarship deadline on your calendar
- Ask a teacher to write a recommendation, and give him or her plenty of time!
- Put lots of thought into your essays. You don’t need to have all the answers. We want to know what you think — and how you think — about humanity and the world around you.