CIEE Hospitality Internship Placements

Your international career in hospitality starts here.

Click to scroll down and read more

CIEE Hospitality Internship Placements is designed for current university students or recent graduates who want to gain real-world experience in restaurant and hotel management or the culinary arts. As your visa sponsor and placement service, CIEE will provide everything from a comprehensive pre-departure orientation to a tailored internship in your chosen industry.


Available Internships

Ready to start your life-changing internship in the U.S.? Choose your industry below to see all currently available placements.

Restaurant and Hotel ManagementCulinary Arts

How It Works

Applying for a hospitality internship at an industry-leading host organization in the U.S. doesn’t need to be difficult or confusing. With CIEE, we make the application process easy:

  1. Work with your international representative to find the right position for you.
  2. Complete your résumé. This is your chance to make a great first impression!
  3. Interview with CIEE. If you meet program and job requirements, you will then interview with the host organization.
  4. Receive internship placement offer (if host organization decides to host you).
  5. Submit your final CIEE application to your international representative.
  6. Schedule your visa interview at your nearest U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate.
  7. Book your flight and prepare to travel!

Eligibility Requirements

The eligibility criteria may depend on the specifics of your placement. However, general eligibility requirements are as follows:

  • Be at least 18 years old
  • Be a full-time university student or recent graduate (within 1 year) outside the US
  • Have the English skills required to contribute in an American workplace
  • Intern in a field related to your studies or academic background

Key Features

  • High-Quality Placements

    Get valuable insights and gain real-world skills in the industry of your choice: restaurant and hotel management or the culinary arts.

  • Up to 14 Months in America

    With CIEE, you get a J-1 intern visa that is valid for up to 14 months: 12 for interning and 1 more before and after your internship for travel.

  • Make American Connections

    Share ideas with colleagues, make important new business connections, and build lifelong friendships with the Americans you will meet and work with.