TEFL Abroad China
Complete your 150-hour TEFL certification course and teach in China
Job Placement in China
Teaching in China is such an amazing opportunity! This program offers jobs teaching students aged 10-18 and adults. Classes in this program will be 1-1, 1-4, or 1-10, giving you the chance to really connect with your students and help them succeed with their English language goals. With opportunities in 27 cities around China, find a location and opportunity that fits your preference.
This position requires 35 classroom hours per week and you will earn 12,000-18,000 RMB per month. You will receive two days off every week, usually on weekdays, and work two types of shifts: morning shift: 9/10 am – 5/6 pm or evening shift: 1/2 pm-9/10pm.
This program is ideal for an independent teacher or traveler looking to get TEFL certified and teach English in China. You’ll earn a competitive salary structure, which includes a housing allowance, quarterly bonus, contract renewal bonus, full-attendance bonus, and demo class sign-up bonus.
Program Cost $1,100
- CIEE’s 150-hour online TEFL Certification Course
- Guidance from expert ESL teachers throughout the course
- Connection with job placement in China
- 22 to 50 years old
- Native English speaker
- US, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, or Ireland passport
- CIEE TEFL Certified (included with program)
- Apply below
- Once enrolled in TEFL course, CIEE will send your application directly to China
- Our partner in China will contact you with instructions for next steps
- Competitive salary between 12,000-18,000 RMB (depending on qualifications)
- Housing allowance 1,500-3,000 RMB/month
- Quarterly performance bonus up to 2,500 RMB
- Flight allowance up to 8,000 RMB
- Contract renew bonus of 3,000-6,000 RMB
Work life balance
- 11 days off for Chinese National holidays
- 10 days of annual leave and 1 day off for Christmas
- 7 days paid hotel accommodation upon arrival
- Health and accidental insurance
- Free mandarin lesson
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Career development opportunities in teaching and course development
- Full Support in making the transition to China
If you meet the requirements above you can enrollGet Started Today!
In order to hold your space in a course, you will need to submit a registration fee of $200 USD.
This program does not include pre departure or in country support from CIEE.
If you are interested in teaching in China with support from CIEE check out our Teach in China Programs.