180-Hour Certification Course
GET THE CERTIFICATION WITH SPECIALIZATION
Build a Strong Foundation for Your Upcoming Adventures
It’s impossible to plan for everything life will throw at you, especially when you choose a life of immersion. Getting certified with our 180 hour TEFL course ensures you’ll be equipped to take it all on. This 14-week track will prepare you to succeed as a teacher, a community member, an ambassador and citizen of the world. It all starts now.
COURSE QUICK FACTS
- Only requirement is English fluency
- Courses start every two weeks
- Online coursework lasts for 14 weeks
- Courses capped at 13 students
- 10-15 hours per week of coursework
- 20 hours of practicum, at home or abroad
- 30 hour age specialization course teaching young learners, teens, or adults
- Internationally recognized and accredited
- Your certification never expires
What You Will Learn
- Intercultural competency for the classroom
- Language Teaching Methodologies
- Grammar. You’ve already learned this. Now you’ll learn to teach it.
- Speech and conversation activities
- Preparing a lesson plan and classroom management
- Deeper understanding of age specific pedagogy
HOW YOU WILL LEARN
- Learn on Canvas, an online educational tool used by 2,000 school districts across the US.
- Whether you’re an early bird or a night owl, our flexible course allows you to view lessons, read materials, and complete exercises within your schedule.
- You’ll have the same expert tutor by your (virtual) side the entire course. They will hold weekly tutorials to keep the material fresh, while also offering written and video feedback on your progress
- Participate in discussion boards and peer reviews to collaborate and interact with your peers.
There are three ways to teach ESL:
- AT HOME: Teach English to refugees, immigrants, and other non-native english speakers in your own community
- ABROAD: ESL teaching jobs are available in most non-native English speaking countries around the world.
- ONLINE: There is a growing need for ESL teachers online, especially for Chinese students. Earn money and experience without having to leave the house.
- All teaching materials and instruction
- Guidance on where to find teaching opportunities
- Personalized feedback from an experienced TEFL tutor
- A world-accredited, never expiring 180-hour TEFL certificate
- Be considered as a priority applicant for a CIEE Teach Abroad program
Want to learn more?Get the definitive guide to TEFL
You must have questions, and we have answers.GET THE GUIDE