Teach English Abroad with CIEE
Trusted provider since 1997
Teach Abroad with CIEE
Sign up to learn more about this great opportunity and enter to win a $500 grant toward your program of choice.
Since schools are looking for learning through conversational practice you won’t need to have a background in education or fluency in the native language to qualify.
Why Teach Abroad with CIEE?
With CIEE, you’ll choose from positions in 10 countries: Chile, China, Czech Republic, Hungary, Morocco, Portugal, South Korea, Spain, Thailand, and Vietnam.
Support for success
Pre-departure preparation and in-country orientations will set you up for success both inside and outside the classroom.
Adventure with a safety net
Head out on your adventure with the peace of mind of knowing that CIEE provides 24/7 emergency assistance, iNext international insurance, and in-country support on all programs.
Apply to teach abroad with CIEE and enter to win $500 towards your adventure!
Overall rating of CIEE teach abroad programs
Rated best provider for teaching facilities and material provided during placement
Best all-around teach abroad program provider
The staff and support received from CIEE has been nothing short of outstanding... those seeking a true immersion of the culture will be more than satisfied if they chose to partner with CIEE.
Gage | Teach in Thailand
Terms and ConditionsClick to Open
CIEE Teach Giveaway Rules
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. ELIGIBILITY “CIEE Teach Giveaway” (the Giveaway) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry. Winner must also be fluent in English to participate. Giveaway winners must meet, agree to and adhere to CIEE Terms and Conditions for our Teach Abroad Programs. One winner will be chosen at random at 12:00pm EST on May 15, 2020. The winner will win $500 off of their program fee. Winner must submit an application for a CIEE Teach Abroad program by May 1, 2020 to qualify to receive prize.
2. THE SPONSOR The Giveaway is sponsored by CIEE: Council on International Education and Exchange located at 300 Fore Street, Portland, Maine 04101.
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICAL RULES Participation in the Giveaway constitutes entrants’ full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon being compliant with these Official Rules and fulfilling all other requirements set forth herein.
4. GIVEAWAY PERIOD The Giveaway begins on September 1, 2019, at 12:00pm EST and ends on May 1, 2020 at 12:00pm EST (the Giveaway Period). Entries submitted before or after the Giveaway Period will be disqualified.
5. HOW TO ENTER Online entry will be available on this page and by following the directions provided to fill out the entry information and submit.
6. HOW TO WIN One winner will be chosen to receive the prize. The award cannot be redeemed for cash. A $500 program fee reimbursement will be awarded after the winner is accepted to the program. CIEE will submit a check to the winner reimbursing them for $500 of their program fee, if already paid, or subtract $500 off of their remaining balance.
7. DRAWING AND NOTIFICATION The Grand Prize Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received by the Sponsor whose decisions are final and binding. The Grand Prize Winner will be contacted by the Sponsor via telephone and/or by email. If a potential Grand Prize Winner cannot be contacted within seven business (7) days after the first attempt to contact him/her, the Sponsor may select an alternate potential Winner in his/her place at random from the remaining entries.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS If for any reason the operation or administration of this Giveaway is impaired or incapable of running as planned for any reason, including but not limited to (a) infection by computer virus, bugs, (b) tampering, unauthorized intervention, (c) fraud, (d) technical failures, or (e) any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Giveaway, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Giveaway in whole or in part, at any time, without notice and award the applicable prize using all non-suspect eligible entries received as of, or after (if applicable) this cancellation, termination, modification or suspension date, or in any manner that is fair and equitable and best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual deemed to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or Sponsor’s Website; or (b) acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
9. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY By participating in the Giveaway, Entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, CIEE: Council on International Education and Exchange, the Administrator, their employees, advertising and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Giveaway, including, but not limited to: (a) any technical errors that may prevent an Entrant from submitting an entry; (b) unauthorized human intervention in the Giveaway; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Giveaway or the processing of entries. Released Parties assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Released Parties are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Giveaway or downloading any materials in this Giveaway.
10. PRIZE CONDITIONS The potential Grand Prize Winner will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release to be returned within seven (7) business days of written notification, or prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. In Sponsor’s sole discretion, if a prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to a potential winner, if a potential Prize Winner fails to return requisite document within the specified time period, or if a potential Prize Winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, then such person shall be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected for the prize at issue. The Grand Prize Winners will be responsible for all local, state, and federal taxes associated with the receipt of a prize. The Grand Prize Winners must note that the value of their accepted Prize is taxable as income and an IRS Form 1099 will be filed in the names of the Winners for the value of their prize (applicable for U.S. winners only)
11. GENERAL By accepting the Grand Prize, where permitted by law, the Grand Prize Winner grants to the Released Parties and those acting pursuant to the authority of Sponsor and the Released Parties (which grant will be confirmed in writing upon Sponsor’s request), the right to print, publish, broadcast and use worldwide IN ALL MEDIA without limitation at any time the Prize Winner's full name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness and/or biographical information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further payment or additional consideration, and without review, approval or notification.