Information for term Teach In Spain Professional
Application deadline, and cost information.
Application DeadlineApril 1, 2018
Program Deadlines and Pricing Info
- Deadline: April 1, 2018
OverviewClick to Open
Sharpen your teaching and language skills while networking with employees from some of the largest businesses in Spain and Europe.
Through a partnership with Training Express, a leading international corporate language-training firm based in Madrid that provides language training in more than 50 countries, CIEE can match you with English language teaching positions in corporate settings. You’ll complete an intensive 2 week English training course that will prepare you to teach classes around the city, motivating executives and other professionals, and gaining unique cultural perspectives and contacts within the International business world.
Add a 150-Hour CIEE TEFL Certification for $1,000 Apply Now
|Fall 2 Semesters||September||April 1||10 months||€600-€800/month|
|Spring 2 Semesters||January||TBD||12 months||€600-€800/month|
- A corporate English teaching placement in Madrid
- Pre-departure assistance – including visa assistance
- Cross-cultural training workshops, housing advice, health and safety sessions, visa registration information, and more
- One month of temporary accommodations
- A Corporate English Training Specialization (CETS) course and certificate (400+ hours); ongoing mentoring and coaching from experienced teachers
- A Required 10 Hour Grammar ‘Refresher’ Course
- One month of unpaid vacation in August (January start date only)
- Access to our virtual Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) library and material resource bank
- Online Spanish classes through Training Express with personal tutoring and final level assessment according to the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for languages)
- Subsidized cultural excursions through Training Express – get off the beaten track!
- iNext international insurance with 24-hour emergency assistance services
- 24-hour support while you’re abroad
€600-€800/month, subsidized cultural excursions, Corporate English Training Specialization (CETS) course and certificate.
Pre-departure guidance, visa assistance, cross-cultural training workshops, housing advice, health and safety session.
iNext international insurance with 24-hour emergency support services, one month of temporary accommodations.
Location & CultureClick to Open
Madrid is the heart of Spain. The capital city sits at the center of the Iberian Peninsula, and it’s known to set national trends. More than a rich cultural heritage site boasting world-renowned art museums, Madrid is a lively, artistic metropolis with a variety of food, tapas bars, dance shows, opera, concerts, parks, jazz clubs, soccer matches, ethnic neighborhoods, and contemporary theater and cinema performances – all ready for you to explore.
Job DescriptionClick to Open
Your students will be working business professionals from many fields. They may be office workers, mid-level executives, or senior leaders of multinational corporations – anyone for whom English skills are important for success in the global marketplace. This gives you an amazing opportunity to get an inside look at business in Spain.
In addition, you will:
- Take a specialized Corporate English Teaching Specialization (CETS) course
- Receive individualized pedagogical coaching from senior teachers
- Attend mandatory personal development courses and participate in optional intercultural skills workshops
- Travel throughout the city to meet clients
Once you start working with clients, you'll receive a gross stipend that starts at €600/month. The stipend increases to €700/month after three months of teaching and increases again to €800/month after six months of teaching. Depending on demand for classes, there may be opportunities to increase your hours and compensation if you demonstrate exemplary performance.
Additionally, Training Express offers a scholarship award at the end of the session. This performance-based financial aid is awarded according to student and mentor evaluations during the program.
It’s important to note that your stipend will not fully cover your expenses during the program, and you won’t have time for a second job. You’ll need additional funds beyond this stipend. Most of our applicants think of this as an opportunity to invest in their credentials and their future international career.
Although teachers normally have 10-12 teaching hours per week, they must commit to be available full-time since classes are spread throughout the day. Expect to teach some classes outside of business hours, typically in early morning, at lunchtime, and late afternoon. This means that your workday may begin as early as 8 a.m. and end as late as 8 p.m. You can also expect to spend 15-20 hours per week commuting to and from client locations on public transit. You won’t be teaching the entire time, so there is ample opportunity to relax between classes.
Corporate English Training Specialization Course (CETS)
As part of the Teach in Spain – Professional program, you’ll receive specialized Corporate English Teaching Specialization (CETS) training and certification to help you be a more effective English instructor in an international business environment. The course includes more than 400 hours of instruction and practice. It’s a great way to bolster your teaching credentials, particularly in the business/professional field.
Two weeks of intensive instruction at the start of the program are supplemented by monthly workshops. You’ll also be assigned a senior tutor who acts as your coach and mentor. Senior tutors provide personalized pedagogical support and guide you through your classroom and training experiences on an ongoing basis.
QualificationsClick to Open
TEFL CertificationClick to Open
Ready to change your life?
You might also like
Teach In Chile Professional
Teach in Senegal Volunteer
Teach In Spain