Introducción

Brittani C.

¡Hola a todos! My name is Brittani and I'm a participant in the 2018-2019 Basics Program. First and foremost I want to express how grateful I am to have gotten the opportunity to go abroad again! This time is perhaps even more exciting because I get to share my experiences with all of you. I know that probably not many people are reading blog posts this early, but they'll read eventually and that's what matters!

I grew up in Midland, Texas, which is famous for being the home of George W. Bush and for having ridiculous amounts of oil. My high school Spanish teacher was who first made me realize that I had a passion for language! From then on I became relentlessly fascinated by Spanish and the culture that surrounded it.

For college I moved to Lubbock to attend Texas Tech University (wreck 'em), where students bleed red and black and consider game days to be almost religous. There I have had the privilege to take classes with some of the most amazing professors from all over the globe. As bittersweet as it is to say (or I guess type), I'm in the final stages of wrapping up my B.A. in Spanish. My graduation is set for mid-August and I'm looking forward to packing my bags soon after for my glorious return to Spain!

My first encounter with España was during the Fall of 2016 when I got to study abroad in Seville. During those 4 picturesque months I found out that international travel is my jam! That experience was what influenced me to look into teaching abroad and ultimately what led me to CIEE.

In my free time you'll find me watching Friends reruns, hanging out with loved ones, sipping coffee, and I'll be honest, spending way too much time researching everything Spain related! Only so much can be done via Internet, but obsessive Googling seems to calm my pre-departure nerves. Luckily, my visa appointment is at the end of the week so I'll finally be out of the pit of stress that is visa preparation. 

Thanks for taking the time to read my introduction! I'm looking forward to sharing more with you all when the time comes. ¡Besitos y bendiciones!