Information for term Digital Filmmaking & Documentary
Application deadline, and cost information.
Program Deadlines and Pricing Info
- Dates: Jun 10 – 30, 2018 (3 weeks)
Program Deadlines and Pricing Info
- Dates: Jul 8 – 28, 2018 (3 weeks)
OverviewClick to Open
Learn how to leverage new and traditional media to impact social change in glorious Seville.
People across Spain are embracing all types of media in novel ways to build social awareness and advance causes. Working with CIEE professors, you and your peers will uncover powerful social forces at work in Spain, Europe, and even your own country.
You’ll live and learn in the beautiful Andalusian city of Seville. A vibrant location of three UNESCO World Heritage Sites, Seville has a rich cultural heritage and landmark art and architecture. Explore Seville’s cultural fabric by visiting shops, markets, and cafés while practicing your Spanish conversational skills.
Your local host family will be your home base during your stay. Together you’ll prepare and share meals, go shopping, learn local customs, and enjoy family routines and recreation. This is also a valuable way to get insight into how family members use and interact with new and traditional media.
A deep understanding of new media’s evolution into a tool for driving social change
Broader digital-narrative skills, including analyzing, visualizing, performing, practicing collective intelligence, networking, and negotiating
A certificate of learning in Digital Filmmaking and Documentary
Location & CultureClick to Open
Go deep into this vibrant center of culture, in Spain’s beautiful Andalusian region.
Explore Seville as you practice Spanish and take in the flamenco beat and the grace of the city’s Moorish architecture.
Seville is home to three UNESCO World Heritage Sites and is rich in cultural history. The Seville Cathedral, one of the three largest churches in the world, is a must-see. The 15th-century building, which sits on the former site of a 12-century mosque, is the final resting place of Christopher Columbus.
Eat tapas, soak up the sun, walk the streets, and study the architectural splendor around you.
Daily LifeClick to Open
"Today, we went to a flamenco class and learned how to dance a basic sevillana. ..."
Learn more about daily life on a high school study abroad program by reading our blog posts above.
Carefully screened host family
24/7 Support from your CIEE program leader and in-country CIEE staff members.
ActivitiesClick to Open
Sample Activities & Excursions
- Explore the beautiful city of Seville with tours led by CIEE staff and local professors.
- Visit architectural and historical landmarks like the Alcázar of Seville, Plaza de España, and Seville Cathedral.
- Survey Seville’s amazing art treasures, including masterworks at the Museum of Fine Arts by Bartolomé Esteban Murillo, Francisco Pacheco, Francisco de Zurbarán, and Juan de Valdés Leal.
- Take a walking tour of Seville’s trendy art scene and remarkable urban graffiti.
- Urban kayaking sound fun? Go on a kayaking trip up the Guadalquivir River, which runs through the heart of Seville.
- Take cooking classes with local chefs. Enjoy making dishes like paella, tortilla Española or patatas bravas – and then enjoy tasting your culinary creations!
- Put your best foot forward and try some flamenco lessons at a local dance studio. What have you got to lose?
- Get to know even more of Spain through fun group excursions to Granada, Cádiz, and Aracena.
Get excited about all the things you could do during your time abroad! View a sample itinerary.
Dates & FeesClick to Open
Dates & Fees
- Program open to all current high school students: Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors.
- For scholarship eligibility requirements, please check our Scholarship page.
|Summer Session I 2018 3 weeks||Rolling Admissions||Jun 10, 2018||Jun 30, 2018||
|Summer Session II 2018 3 weeks||Rolling Admissions||Jul 8, 2018||Jul 28, 2018||