We take pride in our high academic standards. When you study abroad with CIEE, you benefit from 70 years of experience in broadening the knowledge and stretching the horizons of students all over the world.
Our curriculum is best-in-class and undergoes a rigorous review process, in both the U.S. and abroad. Top world languages teachers and university professors vet curriculum for each program, which is then led by our own carefully selected on-site program leaders and instructors from start to finish. This gives us control over the quality and relevance of the knowledge and skills you’ll take home.
Skills For Life
Navigating today’s interconnected world requires a range of 21st century skills – with world languages and cultural awareness at the top of the list. That’s why our study abroad programs focus on full cultural immersion in countries all over the world.
Regardless of which CIEE program you choose, academic excellence is always a top priority. The lessons you learn abroad with CIEE will boost your academic career – and catch the eye of college admissions officers.
Our programs also spark personal growth in surprising ways that help you become self-confident, ready to take on new challenges, meet new people, and be comfortable in new situations – whether at home or abroad. In just three to four weeks you will become:
- Globally aware young adults who understand and appreciate other cultures
- Strong communicators – in both your native language and a second (or third) one!
- Flexible, independent thinkers
- Adept at handling a range of situations and challenges
- More marketable to colleges
- Mindful of your interests and talents
- More proficient in the language of your choice
But that’s not all! You’ll also return home with:
- A certificate of language learning and 4 college credits (for Language & Culture programs)
- A portfolio of completed work (for Language & Culture and Global Discovery programs)
- A certificate of 45 hours of international service (for Service & Leadership programs) – (For many students, this fulfills your service requirement for your entire high school career!)
- A certificate of completion of 45+ hours of subject matter work (for Global Discovery programs)