March Reminders

Parent Expectations and Reminders:  
Please read the CIEE Reminders and Expectations for Parents reading which contains advice and expectations based on our experience supporting high school students abroad. Studying abroad will be a big adventure for participants'--but it is also a big step for families, and we know that your support is essential to our participants’ success.  

Have you paid your program balance? 
The payment deadline for CIEE High School Summer programs is April 12. You can pay online in your participant’s CIEE My Account.  

Is your participant going on a Language & Culture Program?  
Language & Culture participants are eligible to receive four college credits for their summer program for an additional $150 fee. To receive these credits, participants must apply on their CIEE Account in the task “College Credit Option” by April 12. College Credit requirements include: Your participant’s official transcript, a minimum GPA of 2.5, and all supplemental signed forms. Please upload all requirements to your participants My CIEE account by April 12th to be eligible. If you want your participant to receive college credit, make sure they have clicked “yes” to the college credit option, paid the $150 fee, and completed all necessary forms.  

Health Consent & HIPAA Form (parent/guardian): Once your participant’s doctor has filled out and signed the Health History and Physician Consent form, parents/guardians must complete the Health History & Parent/Guardian Consent form. Your participant will not be able to participate on the program without this signed document uploaded on their My CIEE account by April 1st.  

Has your participant applied for their passport yet? This is a very important part of the travel process and should be your number one priority. Make sure to check that the participant’s passport is valid for six months past the program end date. If you have questions about this process, start here, and feel free to reach out to us for more guidance. Once your participant has a passport, please make sure they upload their passport details and a scan of their passport to their CIEE My Account. If you have not started this process, apply today!