First Classes and First Trip in Shanghai

Meilyn Asuncion

Photo for blog post First Classes and First Trip in Shanghai

My day started with eating delicious bao zi that my host family made. I then entered the subway and after about an hour I reached the school. The class consisted of learning about my classmates with little activities learning their names and favorite colors. Our class then did a community discussion where we went out in public and asked college students about their names and where they come from.
After noon rolled around, we went to eat in the cafeteria where I got chow mein and an oolong tea which was surprisingly really good. After lunch, me and a few classmates played basketball where we met two Italian kids who had been studying Chinese for a few years. Unfortunately the courts were really slippery so I had to run around slowly to avoid falling. We went back to the classroom and that is when we departed for the museum.

In the afternoon, we left for the Shanghai Urban Planning Center where we saw interesting exhibits with past, present, and future Shanghai architrcture.

After the museum, we explored the mall across the street where I bought a backpack that can actually fit my laptop. I will continue shopping at these Shanghai mega malls and hopefully will find a converter to fit my three pronged laptop charger. 

Written By: Alexander Lin

York High School

Carmel Valley, California