Creo que sí puedo, creo que sí puedo (I think I can, I think I can)

Diana

Yesterday afternoon we went to El Castillo de Santa Barbara and the walk/hike up to the castle reminded us of the classic ¨The Little Engine That Could.¨ After 10 minutes and reaching a platform, the students asked ¨Wow this view is nice, are we at the top?¨ To which the PLs pointed to the distant Spanish flag and stated our goal was wayyy over there. To our pleasant surprise, our young travellers did not moan and groan, but rather enjoyed the different views of Alicante along the way to the top of the castle. The positivity paid off once we reached the entrance of the castle and to a melodic choir practising for their upcoming concert. The students stopped to enjoy the wonderful surprise and then continued forward to the top. The view was awe-inspiring for many of our students, many tried their best to capture the moment and others merely soaked it in. 

The walk down allowed us to see the infamous Moor Face along the Castle's coast. Students returned home to work on their class presentations for today. This morning many students entered the ULab, immediately started to practise their presentations with each other, and provided feedback. These students are incredibly supportive of each other! After class some of the students are going to indulge in a siesta, enjoy la playa de San Juan  and spend some quality time with their host families. 

Domingo - Cuevas de Canelobre