April Checklist

Below are action items for you and your participant to complete for this month.

Canvas Online Pre-Departure Course:  The April section of this course, which was released today, includes some very exciting new material! Participants introduce themselves to their program leaders; the adult chaperones who will be with them throughout their time abroad. They also learn more specific information about their host culture and complete some program-specific academic pre-work. This module includes important logistical information, including how to access money abroad, the dress code for their location, and a packing list. 

A final, shorter (about 1 hour long) module will be released on May 15th. Please check in with your participant to make sure that they are on track to complete the course by June 1st. It is a program requirement. 

Have you uploaded your flight plans? Today is the deadline to book your flight! If you have not yet booked your flight, please do so as soon as possible! If you are having any trouble booking your flight, please let us know. If you did not use FlightFox to book your flight, please remember to upload a copy of your itinerary to your CIEE account.  

Has your participant applied for their passport yet? Time is running out! If you have not applied for a passport yet please click here to get started right away! Once your participant has a passport, please make sure they upload their passport details and a scan of their passport to their CIEE Account.  

For Language and Culture Programs: Has your participant taken their STAMP Assessment? All students taking part in a Language and Culture program this summer are required to take the STAMP Assessment. All participants should have already scheduled their STAMP Language Assessment, if they have not done so already click here to schedule a testing time with a virtual proctor as soon as possible. Keep in mind the final virtual proctor date is April 24th.