An afternoon in the City

Honors French Language & Culture

Sophie Cowley

Well here we are on the first day of our adventure. The students started classes this morning and then went to purchase a lunch on Place St Anne for a pique-nique in the parc du Thabor (click on the hyperlinks for more information about each location). This famous landmark is rated one of the most beautiful garden of France!

Pause Dejeuner

Photo for blog post  An afternoon in the City

After a short but relaxing lunch break in the shade, the students seperated in two groups. One group went on a historic city tour with an interesant twist: The students were introduced to the city utilizing their 5 senses (sight, sound, touch, smell and taste). Chouette non?! Their favorite was the taste, no surprise there. 

Solving clues about the history of Rennes
Nouveaux amis
Bouquinistes sur Place Sainte Anne

The historic tour was slightly adjusted due to the unusual high temperatures in Rennes this week, nevertheless the students learned a bit more about the history and architecture of Brittany.

We finished the day back at the parc of Thabor for our community conversation of the day. The task of the day was to ask someone what were the best things to see and do in Rennes to discover the history and culture.  Many locals recommended creperies in town (such as La Saint-Georges)  along with cafes, museums and parcs.

We finished our day together around 6:00PM where everyone was ready to return to their host families to relax and complete their homework. 

A bientot:)