Our Spring 20 High School Abroad participants arrived in Spain a couple of weeks ago and attended a three day orientation in Seville, Spain. They arrived tired but excited for what was ahead of them!
During the orientation, the students have the oportunity to have a first impression of a new culture, new country and new people. One of the most important parts of the Orientation was the first contact with the Spanish food. They had the chance of taste an incredible and authentic Paella Valenciana in one of the most ancient markets of Sevilla. On the other hand they also had informational Sessions on topics including Academics, Health & Safety, Host Family Expectations, Program Rules, and Culture Shock.
At the end of Orientation, participants are introduced to their host families and start their semester living like a local and attending a Spanish High School.
Some Orientation Highlights:
- Walking Tour of Seville visiting some monuments
- Flamenco Class
- Survival Spanish Class relating to host family and school life
- Meals featuring typical Spanish cuisine like Tapas, Paella, and Churros
- Q&A Session with current Academic Year participants
- Surprise Dinner with Host Siblings