Information for term Global Internship
Application deadline, and cost information.
Application DeadlineJune 1, 2019
Program Deadlines and Pricing Info
- Tentative Dates: Sep 26 – Dec 16, 2019 (12 weeks)*
Program Deadlines and Pricing Info
- Dates: Jan 18 – Apr 14, 2019 (12 weeks)
Application DeadlineOctober 15, 2019
Program Deadlines and Pricing Info
- Tentative Dates: Feb 3 – Apr 27, 2020 (12 weeks)*
OverviewClick to Open
STAY AHEAD OF THE CURVE IN SUNNY, TECH-SAVVY SEVILLE—NAMED #1 CITY TO VISIT IN 2018.
Gain hands-on work experience in southern Spain’s most happening hub - with Game of Thrones film locations and the world’s largest Gothic cathedral as your backdrop. You’ll spend three full days a week immersed in an internship (fields range from finance to architecture to app design) and two more engaged in professional development to build up your resume. With a full calendar of cultural activities and side trips on top, you’ll never be bored. Trust us. Those looking to boost language proficiency can also take Spanish classes for an extra fee.
Outside of work and class time, get ready for Spanish and Moroccan cooking classes, visits to the bullring, museum trips, architecture tours, and lots and lots of tapas! With a local host family as your home base, you’ll have a truly authentic experience over breakfasts, dinners and everyday activities like catching football (soccer) games on TV or shopping at the local market. With new friends you’ll soak up the sunshine and culture of the city-a beloved place that will soon be on everyone’s bucket list.
Every placement is unique. In the months leading up to your program, our Seville-based team will work with you to find a perfect match within our large network of local businesses and nonprofit organizations. Our team will support you during your preparation through the following steps:
- Pre-placement meeting, personalized matching, and coaching for each intern throughout the internship placement process
- Providing materials to guide creation of a résumé appropriate for the local business culture, as well as guidance on application materials relevant to industry area of interest
- Interviewing skills session based on local business culture, plus feedback for individual interns to help prepare for Skype interviews with potential internship supervisor
Every year we find internships for students like you in fields as varied as technology, communications, and urban planning. Available organizations vary each semester, but here are just a few where CIEE has placed students in the past:
|Telefónica – Andalucía Open Future
Instituto Andaluz de Tecnología
EPES – 061
Hospital Quirón Sagrado Corazón
|Cruz y Ortiz Arquitectos
Note: While we always do our best to match your internship request or preferred theme, we ask you remain flexible as the actual fields and companies may differ depending on many factors out of our control, such as availability or activity cycle.
CIEE knows that interns need a balanced experience that includes correlating activities, workshops, and seminars.
Have a better sense of what you want to study in college or even pursue as a career.
A certificate of CIEE’s Global Competence Course, verifying a strong foundation in the core components of intercultural learning.
said it made them more mature young adults97%
said they learned to interact with different cultural backgrounds94%
said their level of independence increased89%
Location & CultureClick to Open
Famous for Flamenco dancing, Seville also features a rare fusion of Christian, Jewish and Muslim influences.
Old-world charm, quirky buildings, and cobblestone streets give Seville a flavor all its own. Here’s a unique opportunity to live in a historic, traditional Spanish city without tons of tourists. Although large enough to support lots of business, culture and art, it still retains a small-town community feel. It’s pedestrian-friendly and easy to navigate.
What can you do for fun? Bike along the scenic Guadalquivir River. People-watch in sidewalk cafés. Stroll through grand outdoor plazas. Visit exotic food markets and artisan fairs. Catch some shade — or perhaps a siesta? — under groves of orange trees in the lush Parque de María Luisa gardens. Tour historic landmarks with classmates and in your free time.
Striking architecture is all around, but certain landmarks anchor with city center. The Real Alcázar is the real deal — a royal palace complete with fountains and fancy gardens. Built in the 7th century, it still hosts the royal family when they’re in town. The sprawling landmark has been built up over the ages, with architectural styles ranging from Gothic to Baroque to Mudéjar, a fusion of Muslim and Christian artistic embellishments unique to Andalusia.
Hosting a range of popular activities from the Flamenco Biennial to the European Film Festival, Seville lives up to its reputation as a cultural mecca.
Daily LifeClick to Open
"After my trip with CIEE I have definitely grown in ways I never could if I had stayed in the US."
Learn more about daily life on a high school study abroad program by reading our blog.
Private bedroom in home of carefully screened host family.
CIEE resident staff available 24/7
ActivitiesClick to Open
- Get up close with famous paintings by El Greco, Velázquez, and other masters.
- Spot architectural gems on a bike tour through the elegant Plaza de España.
- Learn some new moves in modern dance and flamenco workshops.
- Catch a professional dance performance or a basketball match.
- Make your mark with graffiti art along the shores of the Guadalquivir River.
- Cook up some authentic Spanish and Moroccan classics with professional chefs.
- Sample delicious handmade ice cream made with 13th-century recipes!
- Dress up in your fan colors for a special tour of the Sevilla Futbol Club museum and stadium.
- Visit the Royal Palace and learn how Jews, Muslims and Christians lived here together in harmony here for centuries.
- Watch history come alive through storytelling in Jewish quarter of Seville.
- Take a guide tour during Holy Week through famous churches and witness age-old traditions.
CÁDIZ DAY TRIP
Take a daytrip to Cadiz, the oldest city in Western Europe. Hike to a hilltop cathedral, visit a traditional market, and hang out on the beach.
MOROCCO MULTIDAY EXCURSION
Journey to Morocco on a multi-day trip. Visit Tangier, Asilah, and Chefchaoen, the former fortress and gateway to Africa founded in 1471.
CÓRDOBA DAY TRIP
Head to Cordoba, a UNESCO World Heritage Site dating to the Middle Ages, to view Roman bridges, Mudéjar architecture, and famous synagogues and churches.
LISBON MULTIDAY EXCURSION
Soak up the scenery on a multi-day trip to Lisbon, a stunningly beautiful 2,000-year-old city. Visit medieval neighborhoods and café lined streets in the heart of Portuguese culture.
Eligibility & FeesClick to Open
Eligibility & Fees
- High school graduates in good academic standing.
- Students must be 18 years or older at the time of their departure.
- Spanish knowledge is not required to participate in this program. All internships will be based in English unless the intern has fluency, or is near fluent, in Spanish and requests a Spanish-speaking option.
|Spring 2019 12 weeks||Rolling Admissions||Jan 18, 2019||Apr 14, 2019||
|Fall 2019 12 weeks||Jun 1, 2019||Sep 26, 2019*||Dec 16, 2019*||
|Spring 2020 12 weeks||Oct 15, 2019||Feb 3, 2020*||Apr 27, 2020*|
*Dates for this program are provided as tentative dates. Please consult with your study abroad advisor to confirm dates before purchasing your flights.