Gap Year Scholarships
Apply For A CIEE Scholarship
At CIEE, we seek to provide life-changing study abroad experiences to as many motivated students as possible. It’s a critical part of our overall mission: to encourage and prepare students to connect and communicate across cultures, and make a positive impact in today’s interconnected global society.
A life-changing Gap experience is within your reach!
Global Navigator awards are a selective honor that can help you stand out. More than just a one-time benefit, they add weight to your college applications, résumés for career opportunities, and other experiences to come.
These scholarships are open to Gap Year Abroad students in both semester- and year-long programs. Read the descriptions below to see which ones apply to you. The process is highly competitive, so apply early and be sure to complete all the required steps!
Can be applied to any Gap Year Abroad Program, and reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Simultaneously complete their program application and scholarship application (with the help of their International Studies Advisor). Scholarship applications submitted after a program acceptance decision has been made will not be considered.
- Provide a teacher recommendation (required as part of Gap Year Abroad application)
- Contact your International Studies Advisor by emailing email@example.com
- Have a GPA of at least 3.0
- Scholarship applications are reviewed with the program application. Once a student receives a scholarship, they have 3 business days to accept the scholarship award and pay the confirmation deposit.
Please note – Merit scholarship applications are reviewed as soon as they are completed (program application must also be complete). Apply early while funding is available
Ready to Apply?
Complete the Program Application and the Scholarship Application tasks in your online CIEE: My Account – the sooner the better!
Scholarship Application Deadlines
Merit only scholarships are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Please note – merit scholarship applications are reviewed as soon as they are completed (program application must also be complete). Apply early while funding is available!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Gap Year Abroad department at 866-583-0332.
*CIEE offers three types of Gap Year Abroad programs (Global Internship, Language & Culture or Service & Leadership) in 14 different destinations: Berlin (Germany), Ferrara (Italy), Legon (Ghana), Madrid (Spain), Paris (France), Rabat (Morocco), Santiago (D.R.), Seville (Spain), Shanghai (China), Tokyo (Japan), , Toulouse (France) and Valparaíso (Chile).