Get ready to launch your startup or join one of the best.
Boot Camp for Aspiring Entrepreneurs
Generate and develop a viable business idea, then take it from concept to complete business plan and investor-ready pitch. Bring a business problem you’d like to solve or we will provide one from a real company – then tackle it and pitch your solutions. Polish your CV and earn a valuable certificate while you get a taste of start-up culture, hone essential skills, and gain an international edge.
A compelling business plan
An Investor Ready pitch deck
An eLab certificate
Each week the format includes a mix of guest talks and discussion, mentoring, workshops, group work and excursions. The overview below gives you a general idea of weekly components.
Weeks 1 & 2: Problem and solution
- Form a team.
- Identify problems worth solving.
- Study your problem and develop a point of view.
- Generate and validate a compelling idea based on the principles of Design Thinking, including observation, ideation, prototyping, and testing.
- Learn about entrepreneurial mindset: What does it take to be an entrepreneur? What are the key skills?
Week 3: The market
- Determine how your problem or solution fits into current markets or industries.
- Use lean startup principles to create your minimum viable product.
- Validate your customers with a product-market-fit.
- Create a sales and marketing roadmap.
Weeks 4 & 5: Write a business plan and draft financial statements
- Draft your business plan.
- Learn to describe your business idea.
- Analyze your target market or industry.
- Develop a marketing strategy.
- Plan your organizational structure and operations.
- Establish a founding team.
- Create a strategy and outlook.
- Draft your financial statements.
- Learn about financing, funding, and specializations.
Program Fee: $6,500
Get more for your money with CIEE’s eLab. There are no hidden charges or disappointing surprises when you arrive.
YOUR FEE INCLUDES:
- Intensive 53 contact-hour seminars
- Specialization workshops
- Guest lectures from experienced business founders
- Company visits
- Personal on-site mentoring
- Networking events
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext Global Explorer Plan
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
We believe you need passion for ideas and processes to be successful as founders and key market players. We look for this passion in our participants, as well as a broad range of backgrounds and experience. We also ask participants to meet these requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent – a business background is an advantage but not required.
- Strong English language speaking and writing skills. All instruction will be provided in English, so this is a must. Each candidate will be evaluated with a Skype interview. (Upgrade your business and professional English skills with us at eLab, with a 20-hour business and professional English course.)
- A passion for entrepreneurship and start-up culture, shown in your application statement and Skype interview.
- An interest in meeting people from around the world and working in an international setting.
These intensive programs include more than 53 seminar hours, weekly individual and additional group mentoring sessions with the option to schedule more, at least five company visits, six fireside chats and approximately 100 project hours. Expect to commit 100 percent of your time for the duration of the program and attend all sessions.
We want to help as many people as possible benefit from eLab. Learn about scholarships
Housing is not included, but we have carefully researched some options for you. These include one-bedroom and studio apartments, each no more than 20 minutes from eLab. We’re happy to guide you and answer questions.
All Programs are offered in Berlin and London.
|Term||Start Date||End Date||Deadline|
|eLab 1||Jan 7||Feb 16||Nov 1|
|eLab 2||Feb 18||Mar 30||Dec 15|
|eLab 3||Apr 1||May 11||Jan 15|
|eLab 4||May 13||Jun 21||Mar 1|
|eLab 5||Jun 24||Aug 2||Apr 15|
|eLab 6||Aug 12||Sep 21||Jun 1|
|eLab 7||Sep 23||Nov 1||Jul 15|
|eLab 8||Nov 4||Dec 13||Sep 1|
More eLab Opportunities
Business & Professional English Course
We can help, with a 20-hour business and professional English course you can take on-site at eLab. It could be the perfect way to ramp up your business and professional English skills.
Build on all you’ve learned with six additional weeks of mentorship, plus full access to eLab workspace and facilities.
We think you’ll get so much out of Emerging eLab that you’ll want to stay to take part in Advanced eLab! You can stay in the same city, or switch to Berlin or London, and get the benefit of two coordinated courses and two locations – plus a fantastic discount.