Prepare to Accelerate Your Business
Scale Your Startup or Prepare to Join a Leading Accelerator
Prepare your investor ready ideas for market, or get the support you need to develop and grow a newly launched business. Explore new markets and make valuable connections with successful business owners, investors, and accelerator program and business development leaders.
An eLab Advance Certificate
A Fully developed Growth Plan for your business
Skills and Insights to Join an Accelerator program
Each week the format includes a mix of guest talks and discussion, workshops, group work and excursions. The overview below gives you a general idea of weekly components.
Weeks 1 & 2: Company building, culture, and leadership
- Create a roadmap for your market and product.
- Learn about growth strategies and mechanisms, follow-on markets, and product plans.
- Define the values and mission of your company.
- Explore leadership styles and find your own style.
- Learn what drives motivation and performance.
- Develop a leadership vision.
Weeks 3 & 4: Agile Management, Innovation Accounting, Finance and taxes
- Learn about agile processes, teams, and planning.
- Define key roles and processes.
- Explore management control systems.
- Learn about different forms of controlling, and the relationship between controlling and planning.
- Learn about innovation accounting.
- Get more insights on investment appraisal, corporate valuation, and acquisitions and mergers.
Week 5: International markets
- Develop your expansion plan and networking strategy.
- Learn about international entrepreneurship, and the key differences of international markets.
- Explore networking strategies and the elements of international competence.
Program Fee: $4,500
You get more for your money with CIEE. There are no hidden charges or disappointing surprises when you arrive.
YOUR FEE INCLUDES:
- Intensive 40 contact hour seminars
- Specialization workshops
- Guest lectures from experienced business founders
- Company visits
- Personal on-site mentoring
- Networking events
- A pitch event
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext Global Explorer Plan
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
We believe you need passion for ideas and processes to be successful as founders and key market players. We look for this passion in our participants, as well as a broad range of backgrounds and experience. We also ask participants to meet these requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent – a business background is an advantage but not required.
- Strong English language speaking and writing skills. All instruction will be provided in English, so this is a must. Each candidate will be evaluated with a Skype interview. (Upgrade your business and professional English skills with us at eLab, with a 20-hour business and professional English course.)
- A passion for entrepreneurship and start-up culture, shown in your application statement and Skype interview.
- An interest in meeting people from around the world and working in an international setting.
We want to help as many people as possible benefit from eLab. Learn about scholarships
Housing is not included, but we have carefully researched some options for you. These include one-bedroom and studio apartments, each no more than 20 minutes from eLab. We’re happy to guide you and answer questions.
What People are Saying
"It has been an amazing experience so far, and I believe that my peers back home would benefit immensely from participating in this program."Jamie Byers
"Very good staff that helped with the difficult process of visa validation, and navigating the German system. Would recommend the Business program. Thanks John! John is a great help and a great asset to CIEE."Matthew Rigel
"I would recommend this program because it is simply immaculate, life changing."Erick Noguera
More eLab Opportunities
BUSINESS & PROFESSIONAL ENGLISH COURSE
We can help, with a 20-hour business and professional English course you can take on-site at eLab. It could be the perfect way to ramp up your business and professional English skills.
Build on all you’ve learned with six additional weeks of mentorship, plus full access to eLab workspace and facilities.
We think you’ll get so much out of eLab Emerge that you’ll want to stay to take part in eLab Advance! You can stay in the same city, or switch to Berlin or London, and get the benefit of two coordinated courses and two locations – plus a fantastic discount.