The (True) Purpose of Business

Luni Libes

Luni Libes

Hi, my name is Luni Libes! I'm the founder and managing director of Fledge, which is a socially conscious startup accelerator and I also work closely with eLab as an advisory board member. Every week I'll be guest blogging on my thoughts regarding the global startup scene, socially conscious businesses as well as what it takes to be an entrepreneur.

Almost six years ago I gave an Ignite talk about the true purpose of business and I've reprised that topic a few years later to help break the myth that the (sole) purpose of business is to maximize shareholder value.

My podcast is over a year old now, and in it, I not only (re)explained the Ignite talk with more words, but then spent the week talking about what Apple, Google, Facebook, and Amazon are doing so wrong that government officials are talking about breaking them up.

The podcast typically talks about business planning, raising capital, and the common pitfalls of starting startups. One of the pitfalls that is too often overlooked by founders is corporate culture, and if you are interested in creating a work environment employees love, then subscribe for upcoming episodes on Netflix, LinkedIn, Valve, Method Soap, Zappos, and more.

Want to avoid common startup pitfalls while building your business? Then eLab is here to help! Check out our Programs page to find the best solution for your business needs.