Shanghai Semester for International Students
Student Retention Solution
In calendar year 2020, U.S. schools saw a 72 percent decrease in new international student enrollment when compared to calendar year 2019. (ICE SEVP Report)
Retain your Chinese international students who cannot get to campus by taking advantage of CIEE’s in-person college semester experience. Your students learn from accomplished faculty in an American-style classroom with English language courses. Our flexible academic workload allows for up to five courses with the option to add online courses from your institution. Students take our CIEE courses alongside Chinese students from other US institutions.
- Program Dates: September 6 - December 12, 2021
- Program Cost: $13,000 per student
- Institutional Commitment Deadline: May 1
If you have a Chinese cohort of fewer than fifty students, this is the off-the-shelf solution for your institution.
This semester program is a high quality, off-the-shelf solution for institutions with smaller populations of Chinese students and a desire to supplement the online learning experience with in-person courses (or 100% onsite academics). CIEE’s semester program is open to first year students and upper-level students.
If you have an interest in maximizing enrollments for your international students and a preference for an American-style living and learning experience, we encourage you to reach out.
- In-person CIEE Courses
- Taught by CIEE Faculty
- Integrate online home school courses (if desired)
- Tulane School of Record to facilitate transfer of credits
- Co-curricular and extracurricular activities
- Student life
- Student Support and Advising
- Workshops and Speakers
- 24/7 onsite and emergency support staff
Up to five onsite English language courses such as:
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Principles of International Business
- Media, Gender, and Identity
- Intercultural Communication & Leadership
- Contemporary Controversies in International Relations
- Calculus I
- Environmental Ethics
2021 Academic Year Partner Programs
Customized programs implemented in Shanghai, Seoul, and Legon
Including Tulane, Babson, Penn State, MCPHS and Syracuse
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ENROLLMENTS
With students spanning 8 countries
Connect with our Custom Programs Team
The commitment deadline for fall 2021 is May 1 to ensure adequate time for program development and implementation. Space is limited at certain locations, so get started today!
Complete this form to hear from some of our fall 2020 students about their experience, and learn more about next steps. We look forward to collaborating with your institution!